The Browning Family

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I'm hungry.


It is 4am here. She did so well yesterday. Larry had to do some paper work so I took off in the stroller with her. Would you believe a country this big and I end up on a med school campus???? It just looked like a nice place to walk. It was. I looked over and you could tell this one student was studying pressure gradients through the glomerulous in the kidney. The human body is such a universal language. No cars and there were trees and bugs. She liked those.
She has done much better with Larry. Who really knows if it was the facial hair thing or not? She just likes him better now. He did most of her feeding at dinner. I got in trouble for giving her eel. It might have had bones in it. You know me….always in trouble. I have lost 2 kilos by the scale. Larry is afraid to weigh himself. It’s not like I haven’t been eating. The food has been pretty good and everyone knows I eat weird stuff. They just don’t give you enough and you have to share everything and eat off a saucer plate. OH I GET IT! They have so many people in this country this societal norm probably grew out of necessity.
She loves to feed other people. Cheerios, crackers, rice, noodles, you name it. One for her one for you and sometimes more for you. All of the girls are doing this. Can you imagine the joy in having enough food for the first time in you life to play with it???
One baby had to go to the hospital yesterday. She has bronchitis and an ear infection. Pretty wicked one too. The mom and dad said that was quite the experience. Total of
8 US dollars for exam, testing, and meds to go. WHAT???!!!! 8 $. The Chinese are going to put ME out of business too!!!!
Bath time was not quite the total melt down last night. She cried but it was not that deep breathing gasping cry and she was totally content to get wrapped in a clean white towel and have warm lotion slathered on her. We kept the diaper on right up til splash time. We are learning.
So how is Billie?? We have not seen a post from them and wondered if Grandma is recovering from her surgery and will be able to hold baby Kat upon arrival.
She is content and a smiler. Loves to be around people. She loves other children. She is going to be so much fun with the kids in the neighborhood. I can’t get over her reaction to animals. How fun. Look out Sidney and Hissy Cat!!
More to come.
Love
Kindi and Big Larry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home