The Browning Family

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

DAY 2

Had a bit of a rough night. She was very clingy with me. Larry is taking it a bit too heart. There is another couple in our group. A minister and his wife. They have Samantha. She is doing just the opposite. She will only go to him. Larry and Debbie are supporting each other. She did sit and play with him 2 times today. Once to feed him Cheerios and giggle and the next to play with stacking cups. It will just take a little time. He is debating on shaving the facial hair off. I told him not to. She at least knows it's him now even if she does not like it. All the adoption stuff we have read says this is normal to bond with one a little quicker and over the course of the next few weeks attach to the other. Actually most of the time the little girls bond with the men quicker. They think due to they have never been emotionally hurt by a man, only a woman. Who knows really.....I keep saying "don't focus on the why. Focus on the what..What do we do positive now in this babies life...not why we got here."
She still does not like bathing. Total melt down tonight and then she peed on me. Larry and I are now even.
When she was feeding Larry today she kept saying Ta Da...Ta Dee? Albert-any help? Also what is No in Chinese and what is Good? She is saying Bababa to me. I think that means baby. She responds to the word pu for bottle and milk. Thanks for the info on the meds. The tour guide actually got him some of the tea today. He's sleeping like a rock right now.
We were to go to the orphanage today but the government has decided that we shouldn't. I don't think Larry or Kat would have gone. But I would have liked to have seen it. There is another couple that got some pictures of it and they plan on sharing them with us.
I am so dumbfounded by all the international couples adopting Chinese children. I guess every provence has one particular hotel that caters to us adopters and the one here is the Miracle. Strollers in every room, a crib, special formula and bottles of water in the rooms. The staff must be so used to it. Just on our floor alone we have met about 10 couples from all around world. Spain, somewhere like Chzech, US, Canada....it's so strange to have all of us that can't communicate with our children who can't communicate. A whole bunch of people who can't communicate.
Enough it is 9pm here. We love you. Pray for bonding of a father with his daughter. Love ya...
Kindi and Larry

2 Comments:

  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey guys. Just keep the faith. Remember I told you this may happen, but she will realize what a special guy daddy is and she will have him wrapped around his finger before you know it. Do any of the clothes you took fit? She is quite the "peanut". We miss you guys and can't wait to you get home. Love, Lisa

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey guys. Just keep the faith. Remember I told you this may happen, but she will realize what a special guy daddy is and she will have him wrapped around his finger before you know it. Do any of the clothes you took fit? She is quite the "peanut". We miss you guys and can't wait to you get home. Love, Lisa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home